Monday, September 28, 2009

Almost As good As Fried Butter Cake

I saw Rachael's recipe a few days ago and knew I had to make that cake. But we do live in Texas so a few changes to the recipe were necessary to fit in with the local cuisine. Texans are big on pecans because they grow here. Fried Butter is the new must try food at the State Fair that everyone is raving about so I thought that I would fill in the blank with that.

So here is the Texas version:

1 C cold Butter
1 C flour
1/2 C pecans

Put this in the food processer and pulse a few times until it looks like the right consistency. Put this on the bottom of a 13"X9" pan. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. If you are using a convection oven bake at 325 for about 22 minutes. Allow this to cool completely before putting in your filling.

In the mean time. Whip together an 8 oz box of cream cheese and 1 C of powdered sugar. Add 1/4 Cup milk. Fold in an 8 oz container of col whip. Put this in the fridge while you are waiting for the crust to cool.


Next, mix 2 small boxes of chocolate pudding and 3 cups of milk. Pour this on top of the cream cheese mix.

Then top the whole thing with about 4 ounces of cool whip. Crush up 6 Oreo cookies and two Heath bars and sprinkle these on top of the cool whip. Put the wole thin in the refrigerator for 3 hours or more.

Bob really liked this dessert. I am not sure if Joe is old enough to eat this but he ate it anyway. He really liked it too.  Thanks Rachael!  I am going Visiting Teaching tomorrow so I think I will pass some of it out then.

I will let you know what fried butter tastes like when we go to the State Fair of Texas.



No comments:

Post a Comment