Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Frito Fried Chicken

This summer when we were camping in the Olympic National Park, my neice Christi had just about had it with the non-fast camp food. She was starving so she was eating what I served but she was in desparate need of a fast food fix.  That is pretty hard to find in the middle of a mountain wilderness.  I was planning to grill some chicken but I looked at my ingredients to see what I could come up with.  This was when I created Frito Fried Chicken.  John and Joe were also grateful for the fast-food fix after 4 days of the really healthy stuff.  John was pretty amazed that something so good could be made with the supples in a camp kitchen.  I also made this recipe when Chris and Megan were over.  Chris wanted Megan to add this on to her list of the 5 recipes she knows how to cook.

Frito Fried Chicken

About 1 1/2 pounds of chicken tenders
About 1/2 C flour
2 or 3 eggs beaten with about 1/2 cups milk
1 bag of finely crushed Fritos
Oil for frying

Dredge the chicken in the flour to lightly dust.  Dip the chicken in the egg/milk mixture then roll in the Fritos.  Fry in hot oil for about 3 minutes on each side.  Drain on a paper towel.  Sprinkle with salt.  This is really good with a honey mustard dip or with ketchup and fries.

Honey Mustard Sauce
1/2 C dijon mustard
1/2 C mayo
1/4 C honey

Mix this until well blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment