Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cheddar Ham Soup

I decided that I would post my favorite soup recipe as well, while I'm sitting with my recipes all over the place. Eating this soup just reminds me of that contented feeling of being inside and watching the rain or snow coming down.


Cheddar Ham Soup
2 cups diced, peeled potatoes
2 cups water
1/2 cup sliced carrot
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cupu flour
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups cubbed, fully cooked ham
1 cup frozen peas, thawed.

In a large saucepan combine the potatoes, water, carrot and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minues or until tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, salt and pepper. Boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese until melted. Stir the cheese sauce into the undrained potato mixture. Add ham and peas, heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment