Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Dessert

When I was at Disneyland after my freshmen year of college, I got a free recipe book from the Mission Tortilla Factory. This is my favorite recipe in the book. It is fun to serve to a party because everyone gets to participate in making their dessert. I did this at BYU and everyone liked this dessert even though it is simple.

Ingredients:

Flour tortillas
1T Sugar
1T Cinnamon
Vegetable oil for frying

"Carve" each tortilla into a jack-o-lantern face with a knife. Combine cinnamon and sugar mixture and set aside. Heat oil in a pan. When hot, fry each tortilla. The tortillas will puff up. After the tortillas are a golden color, take out of the pan and put on a paper towel to drain. Sprinkle each tortilla with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Eat while hot. This is good when served with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment