Friday, November 6, 2009

Pasta Salad with Olives--Insalata di pasta con olive

Sometimes I run out of ideas for side dishes. I get kind of tired of potatoes, rice, and corn. I have been looking for a pasta salad recipe for a long time. Tonight I found one in my Italian cookbook. The one Sarah D gave me. We loved it! As soon as I find my camera cord, I will put on a picture. This is a really pretty salad!

1 pound pasta- such as medium shells, farfalle, or penne
4 Tbs. olive oil
10 sun dried tomatoes- thinly sliced
2 Tbs. capers (rinsed)
2/3 cup black olives sliced
2 cloves garlic-finely chopped
3 Tbs. Balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground pepper
3 Tbs. fresh chopped parsley

Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until done. Drain and rinse with cold water.
The the water is boiling and the pasta is cooking soak the sundried tomatoes in one cup of hot water for 10 minutes. In a medium bowl combine the rinsed capers, olives, garlic, and vinegar.
After 10 minutes drain the tomatoes - reserving some of the water to add later. When the pasta has been drained and rinsed, add it to the bowl. toss the pasta with the olive oil and add to the bowl with the other ingredients. Add enough of the reserved water to moisten it. Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper.
Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serves 4 to 6

No comments:

Post a Comment