Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chocolate Bundt Cake

This is my last post for now. Hopefully I didn't overwhelm you with the huge list of desserts. I made this for my mom's birthday in December. It is another of those kind of homemade cakes but I think it's great.

Cake
1 pkg. Devils food cake
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 c. sour cream
1 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 c. warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the first six ingredients until smooth. Then add the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a well greased bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until springy and a tooth pick comes out clean. Cool for 90 minutes before inverting. Glaze and garnish with berries.

Glaze
3/4 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
3 Tbs. butter
1 Tbs. corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla

Combine chips, butter and syrup in a small saucepan. Stir until the chips are melted and smooth then add the vanilla. Spread over the cake letting it drizzle down the sides.

1 comment: